17 October 2006

Classical Music

I'm not sure why, but I've been very drawn towards classical music lately. I've always enjoyed it some degree, and even played Violin in my youth, but lately I've actually been seeking it out. First off, there is no better music to study to, and I've been spending a lot of time studying lately. Also, good classical music is very emotive - and I'm really learning to appreciate the emotion in the music.

I've been tuned to XM Pops for the last week. A few of my recent favorites include:

1. Mozart's "Serenade for strings in G major", better known as Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
2. Guiseppe Tartini's "The Devil's Trill - Sonata in G Minor"
3. Beethoven's Symphony No. 3
4. George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue"

Classical music is calming and peaceful. It's like reading a fairy tale or painting with your eyes closed. It expresses a story already inside of you.

1 comment:

Migg said...

I actually find Mozart too distracting to use as background music for things such as studying. It's so intense and emotional. I can't even write with it on a lot of times because it's so up and down, but it's great to listen to when you just want to listen or relax. If I could just find the classical music they play in the bookstore. Now there's some study music. Border's Concerto Volume II...